Support Our Services
Each year the Cape & Islands Veterans Outreach Center (CIVOC) serves thousands of veterans and their families living in the Cape & Island region.
Our vision is to end chronic veteran homelessness and our mission is to provide comprehensive, life sustaining services and programs to veterans and their families. Unrestricted donations to The Annual Fund provides the support needed to provide veterans in need a place to call home, access to healthy food, and support from a counselor and case manager.
Without question, it would be impossible to properly serve and support our veterans without donors standing with us in this effort. Every financial donor who has made, or chooses to make, a gift to CIVOC this year will be properly recognized as a “Member”. Most critically, by sharing with others your support of our work, you help us meaningfully advance our mission. Thank you, in advance, for your friendship and for your appreciation of all those who selflessly gave of themselves to keep us safe.
Effective January 23rd, we will be accepting non-cash donations at the Food Distribution Center, 233 Stevens Street, Hyannis on Monday’s and Wednesday’s, from 10 am to 2 pm.
The following are the ONLY items we can accept at this location:
- Monetary Donations
- Gift Cards
Non-Perishable Food Stocks Needed:
- Peanut butter, Jelly
- Canned soup
- Canned fruit
- Canned vegetables
- Canned stew
- Canned fish
- Canned beans
- Cereal, Oatmeal, Pancake Mix
- Condiments, Sugar, Snacks Packaged
- Juice 100%, Coffee, Tea
- Ensure Boost (nutritional supplements)
Personal Care and Household Items:
- Shampoo, Soap, Body Wash, Deodorant,
- Feminine Products, Adult Diapers
- Toothbrushes, Toothpaste, Dental Floss,
- Razors, Shaving Cream
- Individually Wrapped Toilet Paper, Paper Towels, Tissues
- Dish Detergent, Dish Soap, Cleaning Supplies
- Hats, Gloves, Mittens, Socks (must be new)
Legacy Giving Society
Planned giving offers donors the unique opportunity to satisfy philanthropic goals and retain or increase lifetime income from donated assets. It provides the ability for a donor to reduce or eliminate estate taxes, reduce income taxes, reduce or eliminate capital gains taxes, and save taxes on the sale of a family business. Planned Giving also enables donors to leave a lasting legacy and ensure that their support of The Veterans Outreach Center of the Cape and Islands will continue in perpetuity.
- It helps to maximize available tax, financial and estate benefits.
- It ensures that your personal and financial objectives are met.
- Your property is distributed according to your wishes.
- It enables you to increase your gift potential by looking at other ways of giving.
- You can establish an endowed fund in your name or the name of a loved one.
- It provides a lasting gift to The Veterans Outreach Center of the Cape and Islands.
- You become a member of “The CIVOC Legacy Society.”
In our region, and in much of the United States, the Cape and Islands Veteran Outreach Center is pleased to partner with Coinstar. Through any of their machines in our region, it is now possible for you to donate to the Cape and Islands Veteran Outreach Center, and all donations made at the kiosk will support our tireless work in support of our vets and their families.
Your tax-deductible donation plays an essential role in providing our military veterans and their families with a wide range of support services…at a time when they need it most.